October 2007 Tech Day
Tech day was great! The weather was perfect and no-one had to walk home.
Here’s a summary of what we did:
Next tech day is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. This is Colorado so it could be a perfect day….or we could all be snowed in. Don’t forget to use this as an opportunity to invite your friends or those who are unsaved and in need of automotive fellowship. We’ll plan to see you then!
Thanks to all who came by.
- Dale Hicks – Honda – Radiator flush, replaced front rotors and pads but had to drill out the rotor screws. Nothing major but still a little more work than anticipated. The exciting part was when he took off without pumping the brakes first….almost bought a GTO with insurance money.
- Dale B, Tim Bennett – Friends Ford – Dale and Tim helped out a lady in need who needed plugs, wires, and a fuel filter. The car ran soooo much better afterwards. They also repaired her door handle and door panel. She was very pleased. What a nice couple of guys!
- Dale B – GTO – Replaced transmission seal (again) and bushing in rear of transmission after multiple trips to auto parts. Still trying to get rid of the tranny fluid river in his driveway.
- Ted – Subaru – Replaced radiator. Only required a little customization since the tranny lines were different. Also checked on something with his Honda, but I don’t recall what it was.
- Doug – Volvo – Changed Oil, Removed and painted brake calipers. He even got Sonya to help bleed the brakes (even if it was just pushing the pedal) . Doug’s exhaust sounded like it had a leak. Just before he left we decided to take a quick look. The front of the exhaust pipe was cracked almost all the way around and could easily have fallen into the road at speed on his way home. The hangers had been disconnected (probably by a shop) and it could have been pretty ugly had it come loose. Thank the Lord we caught it.
- David C – Truck – David stopped by to see about replacing his starter but it was determined to be more work than desired for the day.
- Craig stopped by and was quite helpful as usual!
- Lance – Vette – Checked under-side of Vette to see if there was any damage from his track lesson day a couple weeks ago. It all looked good….except for the tire wear that took 1/3 of his tread off – ouch!
- Chuck R – Lexus – checked his front brakes to see if anything looked amiss to cause the shimmy when braking. All looked good so probably just brake rotors warped. He decided to check into it next week due to lack of time on tech-day.