July 2007 Tech Day
Tech day was great this weekend. The weather was perfect and the projects were successful.
Here’s what happened:
And of course everyone helped everyone else out as needed.
- Dale – Changed the struts on his wife’s Buick. Went great except forgetting to tighten the bolts…. Also replaced tranny seal on GTO.
- Peter – In his minivan – replaced plugs which required removal of intake manifold and a bunch of extra stuff. We didn’t really need all those extra parts when putting it back together…. Changed tranny/transaxle fluid and cleaned tranny filter. Oil change will come later.
- Tim and Simeon– Father/son just hung out for a bit. Do plan to reweld the door hinge on his Cherokee next tech day. It just broke off.
- Doug – Has a new set of wheels on his Volvo. Very nice! Changed oil, cleaned K&N filter, repaired exhaust (darn, no welding involved), changed plugs.
- Len – Changed alternator and belt on friends car. Also checked rear brakes and packed wheel bearings
- Ted – Checked brakes on his 130k? car. Has the original pads and still a lot of where left! Changed oil? (don’t remember)
- Tony – new (to Tony) Dodge truck. Barely cleared the garage door!. Once he installs 44’s and a 12 inch lift it will never clear the garage! Changed plugs and wires and will change cap and rotor later. These were not trivial tasks on this truck. Even the plug wires required a manly man to remove!
- Lance – Z06!!! Wow, what a car! A bit too distracting! I think we lost a couple hours of work looking at the car and asking for rides. Definitely worth it.
- Rod – replaced O2sensor on 4runner late at night since I forget to do it when everyone was around