January 2008 Tech Day
We had great weather and technical success, for the most part….
We’re planning to go to the swap meet in Denver on Feb 9th if anyone is interested.
- Benjamin – wheel bearing on Focus (or was that Escort, I don’t recall). It took a while, required quite a few tools, advice from Craig, and patience, but it turned out great. Went ahead and replaced ragged tie rod end while it was apart.
- Andrew – blazer leaky washer fluid bottle. Helped on wheel bearing. Don’t recall what else Andrew did. – we still want to see that classic Nova over here!
- Larry – Brought his sons (Benjamin and Andrew above) and helped with their projects. Need to bring the El Camino back for some classic tech fun.
- Rob T – attempted to replace CV joint on Jetta. Got it all the way down to the final separation from axle but the German car would not cooperate. So we burned the car and took the insurance money.
- Tony – Oil change in his repaired Dodge truck. Did you do some other work Tony? The repair shop sure did an excellent job repairing the truck after Tony was hit a few weeks ago.
- Dale - (& Elizabeth) – cleaned up a sensor and made some other under hood adjustments.
- Seth – replaced shocks on his Pathfinder and figured out Toyota taillight removal techniques
- Len – stopped by to check a transmission leak but we didn’t get to it. Hopefully next time.
- Craig – helped with the wheel bearing via phone!
- Zak – while we weren’t paying attention he was conscious enough of unacceptable language on the Boyd C video to swap out for something better. Thanks Zak!
- Sydney- hung out and kept us company.
- Rod – wacked off exhaust on Jag trying to debug vibration, but to no avail so welded it back up. Doug would be proud.