December 2007 Tech Day
Yes, it was cold! However we were able to stay inside and knock the edge off with the propane blower.
No big projects but we did get a few things done.
- Steve and sons (Tim and Adam) –
- Nissan throttle cable that caused the engine to red-line when given the chance. Turned out to be frayed and was catching in its casing. $120 at the dealer and a week’s wait, but a junkyard solution was $12. Much better.
- Toyota 4x4 pickup – added mirrors. Tried to debug strange intermitent front-end noise but to no avail. Talked about lighting, body work, and other fun enhancements but will save action for next tech day.
- Len – Cordoba – changed oil and lubed. When it was time to leave - with so much snow in the drive Len had to make a run for it from inside the garage to get enough momentum. He only took out 3 trees and 1 car – not bad….just kidding.
- Doug – had an exhaust rattle. Welded up a broken bracket. It’s just not a tech day unless we can weld something on Doug’s exhaust! He also put his boring snow tires and rims back on before coming down. Can’t wait until Spring so he can get those performance rims and tires back on.
- Dale and Larry (and Larry’s daughter) stopped by for a bit but no car work this week.
We’ll keep an eye out for warmer weather in January. I know you’ll all want to attend and install your new car toys that you received for Christmas! Just don’t tell me you got clothes or some other girly gift for Christmas…..